1. Definition of Terms
1. These general terms and conditions apply to the services offered by Karlijn Kabira and her team under the banner of Kabira (hereinafter: ‘Kabira’) to individuals or organizations (hereinafter: ‘the client’) and constitute the contract for the services offered to the client. The term “coaching” as used herein includes life coaching, personal counseling, participation in workshops, events and/ or retreats and, where applicable, includes mentoring and supervision for clients, coaches and / or others.
2. Coaching, mentoring or participation in workshops are not psychological assistance and should not be regarded as such. In case of serious or persistent physical, emotional or other complaints, Kabira suggests the client to seek for medical help or psychological/psychiatric therapy.
3. In exchange for the payment of the agreed fee by the client (or a third party on behalf of the client), Kabira agrees to provide the service as described in, and in line with, the General Terms and Conditions below. The client agrees to pay the fee, and to respect the following Terms and Conditions (in case a third party pays the fee on behalf of the client, this party is the representative for the client).
4. The date of the first private session will be considered as the start date of the service. Participation of any individual in the first session and registration for the workshop implies acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
5. If there is uncertainty about the interpretation of one or more provisions of these general terms and conditions, the explanation must be in the spirit of these provisions.
6. If a situation arises between the parties that is not regulated in these general terms and conditions, this situation must be assessed in the spirit of these general terms and conditions.
1. The client is partakes in the service by their own free will and choice, and takes responsibility for their own boundaries and limitations, as well as taking responsibility to adequately resource themselves.
2. The client is to inform Kabira before the start of the coaching of the presence of severe physical or mental trauma and /or the use of drugs or medication.
3. Processes can be uncomfortable, confronting, painful and triggering. Practices offered by Kabira include techniques developed in the humanistic psychology, psychotherapy and other modalities. Intention of the service is not official therapy, but personal empowerment and spiritual growth. Kabira is not in any way responsible for achieving any desired outcomes.
1. Kabira accepts no liability for loss, damage, injury or illnesses which may be received during the clients stay or traveling to and from services provided.
2. Kabira is not liable for any physical or mental injuries to the client by participation in activities and/ or using the facilities of the service.
3. Kabira does not accept any responsibility for loss or damage of personal possessions or valuables of the client.
4. Kabira shall not be liable for any failures beyond its control. This covers natural disasters, war, ‘acts of God’, closure of airports, civil strife, epidemics, accidents or failure to perform by third parties, including suppliers and subcontractors.
5. Kabira reserves the right to alter any facility accommodation or activity, when needed.
4. Provided Services
1. Kabira discusses the desired style of service with the client. The client has the right to speak candidly and without hesitation. The client is encouraged to discuss any concerns or fears related to the service delivery process with Kabira. Kabira welcomes openness, transparency and honesty.
2. Feedback on the services is welcomed and may be shared during or after the services, or in writing via e-mail.
3. Kabira continuously strives to ensure and improve the high standard of its services. At the end of the service, the client may be asked to fill in a feedback form.
5. Procedure Private Sessions
1. The service process is agreed between Kabira and the client during the intake, first session or at the start of each session. This outline serves as a guideline, and is not legally binding. The trajectory can be adjusted during the service by mutual consent and in line with these general terms and conditions.
2. The desired number of sessions is agreed between Kabira and the client during the start of the service provision process. Where no specific number of sessions is discussed, the sessions are delivered on a session-to-session basis. A number of four sessions is usually recommended. Full payment of the session must be paid before, during the session or within 30 days after receiving the invoice.
3. The duration of a session is tailored to the client needs (usually 2 hours). The duration of the session is agreed upon by Kabira and the client prior to the session. Any changes in duration and hence costs for the client will be in explicit agreement, consultation and consent with both parties.
4. Services are provided between Kabira and client face-to-face (location by mutual decision), via Zoom, or by telephone. Face-to-face coaching takes place in a mutually agreed location. When coaching takes place at the location proposed by the client, the client is responsible for reimbursing any additional costs incurred by Kabira, such as parking and traveling costs (0.19ct per km)..
5. Kabira may give the client practices to do at home between service sessions. This homework is voluntary. The client takes full responsibility for executing these practices and the effects. If relevant, completed assignments may be discussed in the next session.
6. The client can contact Kabira via email between sessions to share successes or to clarify a coaching issue. Kabira will inform the client in advance if the nature of support between sessions is such that additional costs are charged. No additional costs are ever charged without prior consultation.
6. Cancellation & Rescheduling Private Sessions
1. If the client desires to move a session, notice must be given at least 48 hours in advance. If a request is made to cancel or reschedule the session less than 48 hours prior to the session, or if the client does not show up for a session (both face-to-face and online), the full cost will be charged.
2. In the event that Kabira needs to reschedule a session, she will notify the client as soon as possible. Clear and substantial efforts will be made to propose a mutually satisfactory alternative.
3. The client can terminate the service provision process at any time in writing. Outstanding payments must be paid immediately upon termination. Refunds of payments made for scheduled sessions are at the discretion of Kabira.
4. In exceptional situations, such as illness, loss, other agreements, undesirable behavior by the client, (possible) conflict of interest or other reasons, Kabira may decide to stop the service process with the client or refuse to accept the client for any service whatsoever. In such a case, the client will, if possible, receive notification thereof within a reasonable period of time, and prepayment for scheduled sessions will be refunded.
5. In the event of undesirable behavior from the client to Kabira, Kabira has the right to immediately end the session without refund of payment. Kabira reserves the right to refuse the client, or to refuse certain sessions with the client. Inappropriate behavior includes (but does not exclude other behavior):
- Touching Kabira without explicit permission.
- Unconsented verbal or physical aggression aimed directly at Kabira.
- Not respecting any other boundaries as indicated by Kabira.
6. Kabira may recommend alternative services which may better suit to the wishes of the client. In this case, Kabira will discuss the motive for this recommendation with the client. It is the full responsibility of the client whether or not to follow Kabira’s recommendations and consequences of that respective treatment.
7. Cancellation Workshops & Retreats
1. Tickets for a workshop covering a half-day or evening can be canceled free of charge up to 2 weeks (14 days) before the start of the workshop, minus administration costs of € 5, – and any service fees by a directly involved third party (ticket service etc.). Requests for cancellation less than 2 weeks (14 days) before the start of a workshop will not be honored. A ticket may be resold to another person. If a ticket is gender-related, the ticket may only be resold to a person of equal gender.
2. Tickets for events covering a full day can be canceled free of charge up to 2 weeks (14 days) before the start of the workshop, minus administration costs of € 15, – and any service fees by a directly involved third party (ticket service etc.). Requests for cancellation less than 2 weeks (14 days) before the start of a workshop will not be honored. A ticket may be resold to another person. If a ticket is gender-related, the ticket may only be resold to a person of equal gender.
3. Tickets for a retreat (workshops longer than a day) can be canceled free of charge up to 4 weeks before the start of the workshop, minus administration costs of € 25. Requests for cancellation less than 1 month before the workshop will not be honored. A ticket may be resold to another person. If a ticket is gender-related, the ticket may only be resold to a person of equal gender.’
4. The client may request to exchange tickets for another event date. Kabira may decide case specifically if this is relevant, and holds the right to charge full costs. If the client does not show up for a session (both face-to-face and online), this right is unapplicable and full cost will be charged.
7. Confidentiality & Privacy Statement
1. Personal or other information submitted to Kabira will be treated as confidential. This information will not be shared with any third party without prior consent from the client. The only exception to this is by operation of law. Details are provided herewith.
2. The person responsible for collecting your personal data is Karlijn Kabira: Karlijn@withkabira.com
3. By using the services, the client provides Kabira with personal data to enable providing the chosen services. Information may be gathered through a personal conversation, the website, email, private messaging on Social Media or other ways. It may be that data is received through a third party when this is part of the coaching trajectory of the client
4. Kabira collects these categories of personal data:
- Contact details such as address, email, phone number, emergency details
- Client’s information such as name, date of birth, gender, allergies, medication, trauma history (all if relevant to the services provided and in consent with the client)
- Photographs and video (if pre-arranged, announced and taken with explicit consent of the client)
- Content of communication
- Minutes of sessions
5. Kabira makes use of personal data for purposes such as:
- Maintaining and supporting communication and contact;
- Offering a personal coaching trajectory;
- Offering workshops;
- Good and efficient provision of services;
- Maintaining database of clients;
- Performing administrative tasks, like planning;
- Improving services;
- Administration and invoicing;
- Charging money and taking recovery measures;
- Fulfilling obligations by law;
6. To improve services, the client data may be shared with third parties. E.g. third parties for delivering and improving aforementioned services, like accountant, IT-companies, administrator, email client, ticketing service or others involved in providing the services. Third parties can only use client data for intended services. The client’s personal data could also be shared in case of lawful request or dispute. Kabira will not share client’s data for commercial purposes or charities.
7. Client data can be collected by third parties outside the EER when media like Google Analytics, LinkedIn, Facebook or other Social Media are used in contacting the client. These parties are “EER-US Privacy Shield” certified, meaning that they will also keep to GDPR legislation.
8. Kabira will keep client data only as long as necessary for the purposes mentioned in this privacy statement. By exception, data will be stored longer because of legislation such as fiscal legislation. As Kabira is registered in The Netherlands, Dutch legislation is leading.
9. The client has the right to request an inspection of personal data. After receiving the request, the client will receive an overview of personal data within 1 month. In case of incorrectness, the client can request an adjustment or removal of personal data. The client may also request to not share personal data with any third parties, or raise objection against processing personal data for personal reasons. Questions about this privacy statement or requests are welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case of a complaint against the processing of personal data, the client will inform Kabira. In case both parties do not reach an agreement, the client may contact or issue a complaint to the Dutch privacy supervisor, the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens. Link provided: contact the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens here.
10. Kabira has the right to amend these Terms & Agreements. New versions will always be published on the website. The client is recommended to check the updated the agreements regularly. This agreement has last been amended on August, 2021.